Rural Arts is a registered charity that delivers inspiring and inclusive creative opportunities that enrich lives and connect communities. Working across 3,500 square miles of England’s largest county, our vision is creativity in every community in North Yorkshire.
We provide over 400 events and activities each year at The Courthouse, North Yorkshire’s only professionally run cross-discipline arts centre, which is also home to an award-winning café, an artisan shop, and rooms to hire.
We programme 70 professional performances per year in rural venues and lead a range of wellbeing and employment programmes to support vulnerable people. Rural Arts was founded in 1993 and is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation.
Find out more at www.ruralarts.org
North Yorkshire Sport
North Yorkshire Sport have a range of resources and activities available during the pandemic. Here you can find activities to do at home, resources for schools and sports clubs, and their Activity Finder to help you find what’s on.
- The Stay Active at Home section has a raft of information for all age groups around being able to exercise way from your normal places and routines, and is being updated all the time
- Support for Sports Clubs – this section has links to our ongoing webinar series designed to help sports organisations through this difficult period. It also has all previous webinars hosted as videos ready to watch
- Advice for Schools – from PE ideas, to health and safety, this section is dedicated to education settings
- Funding Advice – all the latest on emergency funding to help sport and physical activity settings
North Yorkshire Youth
North Yorkshire Youth is a registered charity and exists to ‘To help children and young people realise their full potential by enhancing and improving our range of learning and development opportunities’.
That was the vision of our founders, way back in 1941, and it’s still our aim today.
We provide opportunities for children and young people to learn and grow by:
- Supporting youth work in North Yorkshire communities
- Providing adventurous activities from Carlton Lodge Activity Centre
- Providing training opportunities for young people and those who work with them.
Here you can find our Youth Directories, there’s a booklet for each area in North Yorkshire to help you find what’s on for young people near you: http://www.nyy.org.uk/youth/youth-directories